With quality eggs and cheese, omelets can be fantastic. I call it a “real food” omelet.
This one even has bacon in it.
Part 1: Ingredients
Part 2: Finished product
- Organic cheese
- Bacon (Beeler’s Pure Pork)
- Eggs (Brown, vegetarian-fed)
- Prepare onion, mushroom, bacon, cheese so that it’s ready to go on an omelet.
- Crack open 3-4 eggs and stir until it’s a healthy, yellow mixture.
- Add one tablespoon of water and mix some more.
- Put a little bit of butter on a warming pan and let it melt.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and let it harden until there’s just a little bit of runny-ness on top.
- Put the cheese on first, then the other ingredients.
- When the cheese has melted slightly, wrap the sides over top (in burrito fashion) or fold it in half like a classic omelet. This may not turn out perfectly for you.
- Let the omelet cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. If it’s starting to brown ,you may want to remove it right away.
This recipe will create one large omelet big enough for 2 people to share. You may want to add some toast or roasted potatoes alongside it, though.