Quesadillas are the Mexican food equivalent of a sandwich: You can stick just about anything in a tortilla and it will be delicious.
And did I mention my absolute adoration for good Mexican food? No? Well, I love it. Can’t get enough. Except for refried beans, I’m not a big fan of those.
Can’t see the video? Watch it directly on YouTube.
Ingredients used here
- Alvarado Street Bakery sprouted wheat tortillas
- Ground beef (organic) from Dakota Beef Co.
- Red pepper and yellow pepper
- Mushroom (organic)
- Monterey jack cheese
- White cheddar cheese
- Olive oil (organic)
- Garlic powder
- Cut up the vegetables and cheese.
- Brown the ground beef, add spices if you like that sort of thing.
- Put a little bit of olive oil on a pan, sprinkle garlic powder & salt, rub tortilla onto it.
- Place cheese down first so it can start melting.
- Spread filling mixture (ground beef, vegetables) over cheese.
- Let the quesadilla cook for a minute. When the cheese has started to melt, fold the quesadilla over.
- Flip quesadilla every 90 seconds until both sides begin to brown slightly.
- Remove from pan, cut into 4 slices.
Possible foods to serve with
- Tortilla chips
- Salsa & sour cream